Friday, April 27, 2012

Chapter 29

This may be the last post to be posted for this whole week, I might travel and I've got so much on my plate, so I hope you enjoy! 
@KuwaityBlogger







I woke up the next day, finding a new text message. I sighed deeply and opened it. 

"3a6aiteeha Shoug??" 3aziz texted.

I found it so weird, how he would talk to me as if nothing had happened between us, he almost committed a crime, and now he's texting me? I decided to ignore him, mu ila arid.

"7egray, mashi." he texted as if he could read my thoughts. 

"La ma3a6ait'ha Shoug, elyom end of the day." I quickly said. 

He's slowly making me his victim, but I knew this would be the last of it because I'm not taking any of his bullsh*t anymore, I wish I've never even met him. No words could describe my hate towards him right now. 

"Enzain su2al, laish Shoug matyee w takhith the bag? Laish ana?? :)" I finally got it off my chest. 

"La2ana matabe a7ad eshoofha, sm3at'ha muhima ;)" he texted back, mocking me. 

!@#UI&^%$#@ 

:)

-

I finally arrived to school, and decided I'd give Shoug the bag when the last bell rings. Mala da3i a7ad thany eshouf shnu bel jan6a wefakroun ghala6 3ani. 

The bell has already rung and I was kind of late for my first period, French. I huffed and got to class. Don't get me wrong, I loved French at times, but it gets harder and harder everyday. The teacher announced we had a quiz on Thursday, just what I needed. 

When the bell rang I walked down to my next class alone, until Fatma came and said, "Sara!"

Me: "Bismila khara3teeni, shfeech!" 

Fatma: "3a6aitay Shoug el jan6a?"

Me: "La2, elyom after school."

I walked into English and sat down, waiting for the teacher to start the lesson. 

Ms Barbra: "Okay everyone, we're going to continue our story, open up your novel to where we left off and-" she was interrupted by the phone. 

I read her facial expressions as she listened to the person on the other line, she was shifting her gaze towards every girl in the class as if she was looking for someone, that's when she locked her eyes on me.

She closed the phone and said, "Sara, you're wanted in the principal's office." 

The girls started to look at each other, and some were whispering. This was the first time I've ever been called, akeed 3shan shay tafih, they always do that. 

I walked towards the principals office and saw Shoug exit it, she smiled at me and walked away. Shyayibha hathe?

I sat down in front of Ms. Lindsay's office and waited for her to say something. 

Me: "Um, Ms. Lindsay? Is there something you want to tell me?"

Ms Lindsay: "Sara, you're a great student. Good grades, perfect attendance, lots of after school activities.. But lately that changed dramatically." I wasn't sure where she was going with this..

Me: "Err, thank you?"

Ms Lindsay: "What do you have to say about this?" she got out the bag from my locker and slammed it on her desk, opening it and tossing everything that's in it. 

Five packs of cigarettes, pictrues of half-naked girls, including Shoug, a knife that randomly fell out and some type of pills fell upon Ms. Lindsay's desk. 

I didn't see any of those things yesterday, all I saw was pictures of Shoug and 3aziz, and some money. Someone put these things after I was gone. 

And who other than Shoug and 3aziz?

Me: "Miss but-" I was speechless. 

Ms Lindsay: "XXX is a respectful school, Sara. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated here!" she yelled, I flinched at her loud voice. 

Endless tears started to gravitate down my cheeks, "Ms Lindsay, that bag is not mine." 

Ms Lindsay: "It was found in your locker!" 

Me: "Someone gave it to me, It's not mine!" 

Ms Lindsay: "Please call one of your parents." she handed me the phone. 

Me: "I didn't do it!" 

Ms Lindsay: "Put in the number." she said between gritted teeth. 

I punched in Baba's number, sobbing. 

Ms Lindsay: "Wait outside." 

I exited her office and sat down on the chairs, waiting for Baba. I know he'll believe me. I'm so dumb and naive thinking 3aziz was done with me. I should've known this would happen. And let's just say Shoug was the exact opposite of what I thought of her when I first saw her, even for her, this is too low. I thought maybe she stopped, maybe she thought I had enough, but I was wrong. I was wrong about everything.  

After 15 minutes Baba arrived, he didn't have an expression on his face, and the worst part is, he didn't look at me. He only got in Ms Lindsay's office and slammed the door behind him. 

I could hear them talking, Baba's voice is getting louder every time I hear a slam on the desk, which means Ms Lindsay is showing him the things. 

I started to think about all of this, how am I going to tell Baba that 3aziz gave me the bag? That means I'm going to tell him about everything else that happened. 

I can't lie to him, and I can't tell him the truth. Because both will lead to huge problems I never thought I'd face. 

But lying to him will get me off the hook for some time, then it'll come back and stab me in the back, that may actually hurt more than an actual stab. 

And telling him the truth? He'll loose his trust, and maybe won't ever speak to me again. But at least I've gotten it off my chest, and I'll know I did the right thing. 

Ms Lindsay opened the door, "Come in Sara."

I walked in and sat next to Baba. His face was red and he had his fingers pressed into his temples in frustration. I've never seen him this upset, not since my mother. 


Ms Lindsay: "Since you have nothing to prove that you're not the one that did it, I'm afraid we're going to have to suspend you." 

Me: "Suspend me? For how long?" Well, suspension wasn't so bad, I thought I'd get expelled or something. 

Ms Lindsay: "The rest of the year, then we may consider having you back the next year." 

That felt like a bullet through my chest. 

Suspension.

For the rest of the year. 

And we haven't even started to review for finals. 

My G.P.A is going to drop, I've worked so hard to raise my grades. 

I turned around to face Baba, "Yuba wallah ana masawait shay! W qasamn bellah! Enta t3arfne 3adil, lou shnu mamid eedi 3la hal ashya2!" 

Baba looked up at me, "3yal shloun legaw hal aqrath eb your locker?!" he yelled. 

Me: "Yuba agoulik kelshay, bes enta lazim t9adgny."

Ms Lindsay: "Please continue your discussions outside, thank you for your time Mr. Al X." she directed us to the door. 

As soon as I was in Baba's car I told him everything. From the first time I saw 3aziz, to the last time I saw him. And the whole time Baba had his eyes on the road, not saying a word.

Me: "Yuba? Please goul shay, allah ykhaleek." I said, weeping. 

He didn't say anything, he didn't look at me, he didn't even nod or shake his head. 

We arrived at our house, Baba got into his room and slammed the door behind him. M7amad was sitting in the living room giving me a confused look. 

I can't afford to loose my family, not again. 

I felt my phone vibrate against my pocket, 3aziz texted, "Ha geltay 7ag ubooch?:D" 

No comments:

Post a Comment