Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chapter 10

I couldn't believe my own ears. 


I heard his voice again, "Shoug?"


I hung up and threw the phone on the couch, Shoug came out of the bathroom, shocked. 


"Sara I-" she began to say. 


The girls were looking at me confused.


Sara: "Latkalmeeni." I said looking at the ground, I made my way out of her house and to the sidewalk. 


I called my driver, but he didn't answer.


I called M7amad, "Halla Sara"


I tried to keep the tears from streaming down my cheeks, but failed, my voice cracked.


Me: "M7amad ana eb bait Shoug ta3al ikhithne please."


M7amad: "Sara shfeech?"


Me: "M7amad please, I don't want to talk about it, tigdar takhithne?"


M7amad: "On my way." 


Fatma came outside quickly and hugged me. 


Fatma: "Sara madre shagoulich.."


Fay came out seconds later, "Ana wa7da mat7amal hal ashkal, barid elbait"


Fatma: "Me too."


I bursted out crying, the idea hit me harder. 


How could she?


She was my friend. One of my best friends!


They tried to comfort me. 3aziz didn't bother me, Shoug did. I would expect it from 3aziz, but I didn't expect it to be with my best friend! 


M7amad arrived after 10 minutes, and during those 10 minutes Shoug didn't bother to come out her house and talk to me.


I was furious. 


I hugged them goodbye and got into M7amad's grey Range Rover. 


He saw my face, and figured out I have been crying.


M7amad: "Sara shfeech?"


I sniffed, "Mafeeni shay"


M7amad: "Mafeech shay w ga3da tabcheen chithe?"


Me: "T'hawasht wya Shoug, that's it."


M7amad: "Ah.." he couldn't find the right words.


Then finally he said, "Shraych nit3asha bara al7een? To get your mind off things?"


It didn't sound like such a bad idea. 


"Kaifk." I said.


M7amad: "Wain tabeen?"


"Enta nag elmukan." I told him.


M7amad: "Khalas okay"


We went to Maki, eb Burj Jassem. It was 9:00pm.


We sat in our table and ordered our food. 


M7amad looked at me, "A7san?"


Me: "Ee, mashkoor M7amad."


M7amad: "Masawait shay"


M7amad: "Enzain hathi rfeejtich Shoug, min mita wihya wyach?" 


Me: "Grade 4." 


That killed me the most. She threw our friendship away over some guy. And he wasn't even worth it.. 


M7amad: "Ee 3araft'ha.." 


I sighed heavily. I started to look at the TV placed on the wall up. It had all these different dishes, my stomach grumbled.


Then I shifted my gaze to the door, a tall figure entered.


He turned around,


3aziz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment