Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Chapter 12

Strike was wiggling his head like a maniac, it made me laugh. 


"Baaas" I said as I attached his halter and saddle. I talk to him like he actually listens to me, and sometimes I feel like he actually does. 


I kissed his neck and hopped on, putting my boots into the stirrup. He opened his mouth as I gently pulled the handles and ran off. The hot air was blinding, it echoed through my ears as I rode faster and faster. 


I didn't want to ride inside the arena, I wanted to go out. Baba said it's dangerous since there can be wild dogs that have rabies outside the huge fences of our mazra3a. And Strike sometimes gets intimidated by them, their bites are deadly.


You see, mazr3atna.. its like this big, huge piece of land, it had stables for the horses and two houses for our German Shepard guard dogs. 


I remember one time this huge disgusting dog snuck in and tried to attack Thunder, M7amad's horse, so we thought getting guard dogs would be a good idea. 


Anyway, so it's mostly grass and sand. It's very peaceful, probably my favorite place on Earth. You can just come in and ride till it's 10pm. You can get your mind off things, it's what I call paradise. 


I looked behind me, no one was watching. I got down of Strike, opened our fences and headed straight out. What's the worse that could happen?  


Now all you can see are old roads and trees surrounding us. Strike ran for about 30 minutes non-stop. I made him go slower since I didn't want him to get tired. We were simply walking now. 


I got down and held his handles, Strike stopped to eat some grass that was planted randomly on the sidewalk. That's when my phone rang. 


Me: "Aloo?"


Baba: "Sara wainich?"


Kharaaa, bezifne!! 


Me: "B-bara?"


Baba: "Wain bara?" his voice got louder. 


I pulled Strike and started running back to the mazra3a.


Me: "Um, bara elmazra3a eb shway"


Baba: "Sara ana mu geltlich lat6l3een? Wallah kha6ir! Riday al7een!" 


Me: "Adre yuba kani yayya, a9lan mari7t b3eed."


Baba: "Bsr3a riday." 


Me: "Enshallah." and I hung up. 


I got back and saw a huge Silverado truck parked next to our car. 


I went into our villa to see my father's friend greeting me. 


"Halla Sarraa!" he said.


"Um, Salam." I felt bad, I don't remember him.


He laughed, "Shaklich ma3arafteeni."


I laughed too, "Wayhik mu ghareeb 3lay!" 


"Ee ashwa, ashwa." he said, "Ana-"


"Yuba tera dakhalt'hum tawa, yuwa3a, awaklhum?" 


I turned around and saw Wahab, he smiled at me.


I smiled back. 


"Ee Wahab wakilhum al7een." Wahab's dad said. 


"Bes wain el akil?" Wahab asked. 


Baba: "Sara rou7ay 6al3ay el akil min el stable, 3a6eeh Wahab."


Me: "Enshalah" 


I led Wahab to the stable, five horses had their heads outside their stalls. I touched each one as I passed them. 


I opened up a room that had all the horse's equipments. Wahab took some hay and I took some large carrots. 


Me: "Ay wa7id malik?" 


Wahab: "El bouny."


Me: "Shsma?" 


Wahab: "Bnaya, ismha Sami." Wahab kissed her forehead. Cute!  


I looked at her, she's so beautiful! Her fur was brown, and it looked like it was glowing. And her eyes are jet black. 


I went over to touch her, I loved how she was so calm. Strike was nothing like her, he didn't like strangers, its a miracle he grew to love me as much as I grew to love him. 


Wahab: "W ay wa7d malich?" the sun was all over his face, his hazel eyes glittered. 


I stared at his face...


Then I realized how stupid I look, "Ha? El abyath." I said quickly.


Wahab went over and tried to touch him, but I stopped him. 


Wahab: "Shfeech?"


Me: "Na9ee7a miny, latjesah." 


Wahab: "Laish?" 


Me: "May7ib strangers."


Wahab: "Shda3wa?"


Me: "Wallah, rassa yabis. Madre shloun erta7ly."


Wahab: "Khan jarib."


I chuckled and said, "Jarib." I knew what Strike would do. 


He tried getting close to him, but Strike raised his forearms and neighed at him. 


Wahab almost fell behind, thank god Strike was in a cage. 


I laughed, "Giltlik."

No comments:

Post a Comment