Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Chapter 17

I thought I was finally done with him, now my own father is bringing him up? I didn't want to hear his name ever again! 


Me: "Madre wa7id thay3 ga3da adaleeh el6reej, mnu galik?" 


He looked at me suspiciously, my heart started pounding, I swallowed the huge lump in my throat. Bismila..


Baba: "Okay yallah, rou7ay latit2akherain.." I quickly bent over and kissed his forehead, then quickly headed outside and into the car. As usual, I put in my earphones and blocked the whole world, avoiding the noisy cars min 9ba7 allah khair. 


I had English first period, and that meant sitting right in front of Shoug. Thank god I have Fay with me. 


I entered the cold class and took a seat, facing Shoug. She tried not to make any eye-contact with me. 


So you're just going to stay like this? No sorry? No nothing?


I hated how she didn't even put in any effort to apologize or try to explain herself. Fay looked at me with sharp eyes, I pretended not to notice. I'm not going to talk to her. 


Just when we heard the bell Shoug grabbed her stuff and headed outside the classroom. 





Finally when the last bell rang and the teacher dismissed us, I got my things and went down to the gates, waiting for Lisa. 


Someone grabbed my wrist, "Sara."


I turned around, Shoug was looking at me. 


Me: "Shnu."


Shoug: "3adi akalmich?"


Me: "Ok."


Shoug: "Sara adre eli sawaita ghala6, w I know I hurt you.. bes uhwa eli he came on to me."


Me: "You could've said no." 


Shoug: "Adre."


Me: "So why didn't you?" I crossed my arms. 


Shoug: "I.." she paused for a long time, I waited for her to say something. 


Me: "Just what I thought." I walked away from her.


Why was she even trying to talk to me if there isn't anything to say? I can't believe I lost a friend, over 3aziz?


Lisa finally showed up, after 10 minutes waiting in the boiling sun. I got into the car drove off. I remembered I needed new equipment for Strike and myself. The last time I bought riding gear was probably 2 years ago. 


The driver turned around and took me to my favorite riding equipment shop. I loved it because it had stables outside. 


I bought new trousers, boots and gloves. They were all a beautiful navy blue that matched Strike's saddle and headstalls. Which reminds me, he needed a new saddle! :D I get so excited for horse shopping..


I looked for a different color this time, electric blue will do! I payed and opened the glass door to head outside. A tall figure was standing right outside the glass door, he opened the door for me. I saw who it was, Wahab.


Me: "Ohh Wahab, shlounik?" I said as casually as I could.


Wahab: "Zain." he opened the door for me and went in, turning his back on me. 


Shfeeeh hathaa?! Imnafis! 


Me: "Um, okay bye." I mumbled and got into the car. 


I started thinking, what did I do to him? He was acting like this min ams. Every time I tried talking to him on twitter or etha I mentioned him he gets annoyed and ignores me. 


Kaifa, mani m3awra rassi kelish mu nag9ne! 


I went home and showed Baba my things, he got excited too. I loved the hobbies we shared got us more and more closer together. 


Baba and I sat on the dining room table, waiting for M7amad to show up. 


He came in, his face red and his eyes almost had those red flames, like the cartoon characters get when they're super pissed. 


Baba: "Shfeek M7amad? 3sa mashar?"


M7amad: "Madre Sara, entay gouleeli!"


He held out his phone, a picture of me and 3aziz on the beach appeared. 

No comments:

Post a Comment