Monday, April 9, 2012

Chapter 9

I woke up the next day for school with a lump in my throat. I got up, wore my school uniform and headed out. I checked bbm, not a single message. I checked twitter, 3aziz's timeline was filled with comments directed to me.


Mu kafu!


Pissed #nitfm


Ghal6an!


I flinched, he had problems understanding other people's situation. Something he's going to suffer from when he gets older and gets married. That poor girl. I'm making sure that girl is not going to be me. 


I reached the school, the periods flew by quickly and before I knew it, it was lunch.


We all sat down in our usual table. Me, Fatma, Fay and Shoug.


Fatma whispered to me, "Shlounich wya 3aziz?" 


I sighed and held out the necklace. Her jaw dropped..


Fatma: "Ambay eyanin elnecklace!" she held it between her fingers. She then looked at my expression.


Fatma: "Shfeech Sara? Tera wallah hatha mu shay kharbou6a, ghaleee!" 


Me: "Adre ena ghale! Bes mabi gifts w hal kharabee6! Abe he actually cares about me, w he doesn't! Mayadre 3ani w time to time ys2al 3ani, I'm talking weeks. W I don't want to call him or text him lana I feel like I'm bothering him. W foug kil hatha, t'hawashna ams." 


Fatma stayed quiet for a minute.


Fatma: "Then what are you doing with him?"


Me: "I don't know." 


She sighed, "Entay shnu t7seen? Do you want to be with him anymore?"


Me: "La2." 


Fatma: "Then do what you think is best." 


I huffed, how can I do this? 


It's been almost 6 months. 


What will I tell the rest of my friends?


Shoug turned to me and said, "Sara fathya on Thursday?" 


Me: "Ee, laish?"


Shoug: "Baite. W btyeen!"


I laughed, "Enshalah" 


-


When it was finally Thursday, marait Fatma w r7na bait Shoug, w9alna at 5 taqreeban. 


And as usual, we ate like there was no tomorrow! Shoug's duwaniya was filled with empty McDonalds bags. 


Nothing like good company to make you feel better. 


Shoug: "Ta3alaaw magiltlikum?!" 


Me: "Shnu, allah yaster.." 


Shoug: "Chub, I followed Wahab theek elmara while stalking him."


Fatma: "Aham shay! Shaku you follow him mat3arfeen el9bay!" 


Shoug: "Shda3wa it's twitter mu bbm, mara7 efaker ghala6." 


Me: "Embala, lana his twitter is private, w adre Wahab ma3inda hal suwalif."


Oh shit. 


Shoug turned to me quickly, "Wntay shdarach?!" 


7awalt arag3ha, "Ha? Um madre shakla chithe.." 


Shoug came closer to me, "Ga3da tchatheb!"


Me: "Shaku ga3da achatheb?! Shloun a3arfa ya3ne?"


Shoug: "Laykoon tkalmeena?" 


Me: "La2 shaayfatne?! W 3aziz!?" 


Shoug: "Oh 9a7, didn't you end it with him?" 


Me: "La2? Shaku?" I shot Fatma a look. 


'Magiltlaha' she mouthed to me. 


Shoug shdaraha I wanted to end it with 3aziz? 


7awilat itragi3 elsalfa, Shoug: "Anyways ana bagoum aqasil eedy" 


Just when she got up, her phone next to me rang.


Me: "Shoug mobilich!" 


Shoug: "Sheleeh please!"


I held the phone to my ear and heard the voice. 


It sounded too familiar.


"Hallaaa" the voice said.  


"3aziz?" I whispered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment