Thursday, April 19, 2012

Chapter 20

Follow me? @KuwaityBlogger












Fatma was already up and dressed for school. I seriously felt like I wanted to die, how am I going to face the whole entire grade? My reputation is ruined, I'm exposed, everyone thinks I'm a whore, and I hate myself for that. 


Fatma started nagging me, "Yallah Sara goumay, matgdreen tg3deen flbait forever, you have to face them!" 


Me: "Uff. Enzain." I threw my blanket on the cold floor and went into the bathroom, before entering it Fatma stopped me. 


Fatma: "Wait!"


She went in and opened up my cabinets to check if I had any other sharp equipments. 


Fatma: "Deshay."


I sighed and entered, I looked at myself in the mirror. My eyes were puffy from the crying, and I had the worst headache. I quickly took a warm comforting shower and changed into my uniform, we were both out of the house in a matter of seconds. 


The whole ride to school I had my feet wiggling nervously. I can't do this, I can't.


It feels like I'm going to school naked, everyone is going to be staring at me. 


My anger towards Shoug is indescribable, I didn't know what to do. The whole matter with M7amad was not okay, but now? She's taken it way too far. I'm praying that I wont lose my temper and hit her or do something dumb. 


We arrived, Bismila.


I entered the gates and kept my head up high. I headed over to my locker, and noticed that probably half of the entire grade was staring at me like they've just seen a ghost. Fatma stood right next to me as we headed to our first class. 


I still didn't see Shoug, and I'm hoping I wouldn't..


The bell rang and indicated that is was time for lunch, Fatma and I went to the back courtyard and sat on a bench that was far away from the rest of the girls. Out of nowhere, I saw Shoug come out of the cafeteria.


Fatma: "Emshay." Fatma pulled my wrist and directed me to Shoug. She stopped when she saw us approaching her, she stopped and crossed her arms. 


"Shoug." Fatma said.


Shoug: "Khair?"


Stay calm Sara, wallah you're better than this, 9bray 3laiha. A voice in my head said. 


Fatma: "Khair? Bes hatha eli tgdreen tgouleena? Khair? La mu khair! Entay shimsawya?!" she was almost yelling. 


Shoug: "You can't blame me. Ana 7awalt akalmich," she looked at me with her thin eyebrows raised, "Bes marithaitay."


Me: "Lana eli sawaiteeh kan ghala6." I said, gritting my teeth. 


Shoug: "Enzain bes ana rfeejtich."


Me: "La Shoug, entay mu rfeejty, friends don't do that. Setray 3lay, lou ma7a6aitay hal9oura chan at least I would've forgiven you, bes laish chithe tsaween feeni?!"


Shoug: "You shouldn't have ignored my calls."


Hal bint feeha 7alah nafseya. 


Me: "Shloun tabeeni arid 3laich bhal sihoola?"


Shoug: "Et3arfeen shloun? Ana malait minich, malait min suwalfich, malait min your drama. Laman matat umich jad tkhaba9tay, w khaba9tay our lives as well, get over it." 


Those words were like knives diving into my back and chest, how dare she bring up my mother? 


I slapped her face so hard you could actually hear it. 


She rested her hand on her red cheek with an opened mouth and widened eyes. 


What did I do. 


Me: "I'm s-" I started to say, but she instantly pushed me hard, I landed on the ground. 


Fatma tried to calm us down, but instead, everyone got involved and it just became a big commotion. 


I'm a mess. 


The counselor showed up and dragged us into her office, she told us to call our parents.


I called my dad and told him about everything, but not including the part where she said something about my mom, he wasn't so disappointed, because he actually thought it was a joke.


But that slap was well deserved. 




When my father showed up he laughed at us thinking that our little fight was just an act. 


Baba entered the gates w salam 3la Shoug. 


Shoug: "Halla 3ami."


Baba: "Halla Shoug, minziman mu shayfeenich."


Me: "Yuba 3ade inrou7?"


Baba: "Shfeech msta3yila."


Uff, he doesn't know about me and Shoug.


Baba: "Shsalfatkum entaw?" he said while chuckling.


Shoug: "Magalatlik Sara?" and she began to explain the whole situation. 


Someone please shoot me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment