Monday, April 9, 2012

Chapter 8

"Sara!!" Baba called from downstairs.


Me: "Na3aaam" I yelled back.


Baba: "Ta3alay taghaday." 


Me: "Enshala kani yaya!"


I quickly took off my necklace and put it back in it's box, then stuffed it into my drawer. 


I sat down, our lunch today was my favorite. Pink pasta drenched with melted cheese, and mashed potatoes with white sauce on the side. I ate like there was no tomorrow. 

M7amad showed up minutes later and sat down to eat with us. 


My phone vibrated, a bbm from 3aziz. 


3aziz: T6l3een bacher?


Me: Wain tawna 6al3een 3aziz!


3aziz: Yallah 3aad Sara, ana al7een ga3d at2asaflich.  


Me: Okay as2al ubooy warid 3laik khabar.


-


Me: "Yuba 3aadi a6la3 bacher?"


Baba: "Wain ba3ad? Sara tawich 6al3a!"


Me: "Yuba please, my friend, 9arle sina mu shayfat'ha."


M7amad: "La yuba latkhaleeha trou7 tawha 6al3a" 


Me: "Waay M7amad ent shaku?! Ga3da akalim ubooy!"


He sticked his tongue out and made a face, 7maar.


Baba: "Maku 6al3a."


Me: "Yubaa!" 


Baba: "Kelma wa7da, kamlay aklich." 


I sat down in silence and finished my meal.


M7amad: "Ghareeba, 3adatan t7ineen 3laih laman ygoul ee." he said when Baba left the table.


Me: "Khala9 mabe arou7." I said in a sharp tone.


M7amad: "A7san" he got up and flicked his finger on my cheek. I couldn't help but smile.


He was right, if I wanted something I wouldn't stop at nothing till I get it. But the thing is, I didn't want to go out with 3aziz. T7ooshni ka2aba. Lana I know every time he says I'll change, it lasts for a day or two, then he's back to his cocky self. 


I told 3aziz I couldn't come because my dad said no.


3aziz: Ana elghal6an eli shareelich hadeya w yaay ba6al3ich! Wallah mu kafu. 


Me: Latgoul chithe! Ubooy maritha ya3ne shasawe? Agoum a6iga?


3aziz: Enzain bes khala9.


Me: Lat3a9eb.


3aziz: Shloun ma3a9eb! Adre feech entay asasan matabeen!


Me: SHAKU? MIN GAAL?? Ubooy maritha shtabeeni asawe, ya3ne 7i6 rou7ik ib mukani!


3aziz: Ok bes 9akray elmawthou3


Me: Ok.


I scrolled up and saw our conversations, kla hwash. 


I don't want this anymore. 


I don't want to be with him anymore. 


All he does is cause me pain. Heartbreaks after heartbreaks. When he says he's going to change and I actually look forward to it, he disappoints me. 


I tried looking into the good side. He says when we're finally old enough to get married he's going to buy me a "mansion" 


At first I thought that's what I wanted. 


But no, his love is conditional. 


What's the point of all the fancy jewelry? That's not real love. 


Real love is selfless. 


Real love is sacrifice.


Something he'll never understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment