Sunday, May 13, 2012

Chapter 40

This is not happening, not again. Please tell me this is a dream.


3aziz and his "shila" were behind us, and they were following us on purpose. We've passed his shalaih, and now we are passing Wahab's. 


Nouf: "Sara shnsawe al7een!"


I thought about it, mara7 isawe shay.. 9ij makan fee a7ad yamna, it was only us and them. Bes inshala they don't try doing something now, anyone can see them. 


Me: "Emshay." Lafait, and now I was facing 3aziz. He looked the same, same curly brown hair, same black eyes everyone fell for. I snapped out of it, no Sara. Remember what he's done to you! 


His friend, Yousef - wai3 - stood in front of me. 


"Wain enshala?" he said. 


I looked at the ground. "Wakher." I said between gritted teeth. 


Yousef only laughed, "Shnsawe feeha al7een?"


I walked past Yousef and 3aziz, shoving both their shoulders, Nouf followed. They walked backward playfully, until 3aziz was right in front of me. Only inches away from us. My head reached his chest, I can't do anything now. Salfat el expo all over again. We both tried not to cry, this can't be happening.. 


He walked next to me casually, "Tadreen shkan agdar asawee feech bil expo?" he laughed and so did all his friends. I held onto Nouf. Bismila..


He stopped me by standing right in front of us again, his friends were blocking our way. 


3aziz: "Riday 3lay."


I stayed quiet, looking at the ground. He grabbed my face with his hand, his grip was too tight. He came closer but I instantly moved away from him. 


Me: "WAKHER 3AN WAYHE!" I finally screamed. 


3aziz: "Lat9arkheen!" 


I felt someone touch my back pocket, my heart started racing. I looked behind me and saw Nouf, she clicked on the first number she saw on my call log. And that number was Wahab's. Nouf instantly put back my phone, he'll hear 3aziz. 


Nouf yelled the place we were standing at, 3aziz looked at her confused. Enshala Wahab sima3.


Yousef was stroking Nouf's hair. The situation made me want to barf. Enough is enough, why can't 3aziz just accept what happened and move on? Why can't he realize that this is already so hard for me? This isn't a game anymore. Not to me. 


We saw a small car with dark windows approach us, "Kahu yah." Yousef said. 


I grabbed Nouf's wrist and tried to run, but they held us tight. 


3aziz: "Magdar arou7 liljam3a eli abeeha tadreen? W kela minich.."


I'm tired from dealing with all this bullsh*t. 


Me: "Ma7ad galik tit7arash yal athwal." His eyes squinted and his nostrils flared in anger, Yousef held my arm and tried to push me into the car. Nouf was screaming for help, but we were far enough. No one could hear us. I kicked 3aziz's leg hard, that made him scream. 


I felt a bit of hope when I saw Wahab approach us. I looked at 3aziz's expression.. priceless. And surprisingly behind Wahab came Fahad and 7amad.. They had expressions on their faces that I couldn't even identify. 


Fahad came up to me and Nouf, "SH9AR??! SAWAW FEEKUM SHAY?!" 


Nouf: "La bes kanaw bedakhloona elsayara! El7mdila yaitaw!" she started to cry. 




Wahab took care of 3aziz, they started beating each other. 3aziz punched Wahab and that made him fall to the ground. Wahab stood up and slammed 3aziz against the car door, his lips slit open and a pond of blood filled his entire mouth.


Déjà vu.. 


The police took care of the rest, and Baba eventually showed up. Ra7 el maqfar and dealt with their parents. Personally I think they deserved all of this, mu awal mara they tried doing it. 


Wahab and 7amad came into the shalaih, both in pain. Wahab had a black eye and his lips were purple, as for 7amad.. he was bleeding. Akeed el 7areem made a big deal out of everything, they didn't know Wahab so they payed attention on 7amad. I could see Wahab was uncomfortable.


I tugged on his shirt, "Ta3al."


He got up from the chair he was sitting on and I directed him outside, we both sat on the stairs facing the ocean. I got a bag full of ice and patted his eye. I couldn't thank him enough. Thank you wouldn't come close to enough. This isn't the first time he saved us. 


I sighed and handed him the bag. He flinched while patting his bruises. 


Me: "Wahab- Madre shagoulik el9ara7a.. Thank you so much."


He smiled, "Bakhaleech trkbeen elsayara ma3ah mathalan?"


Me: "Ashwa kint yamna, wallah el7imdila ya3ne law makint mawjood chan-"


Wahab: "Latgouleen chithe.. Bes hathe akher mara t9eer. Lat6l3oon brou7kom marah thanya, mafhoom?"


Me: "Ee akeed.."


We paused for a long time, it was too awkward. 


But Wahab knows how to make the situation funny, "Ha shraych feeni elyoum?"


I laughed but before I could say anything, Baba came. 


I got up, "Yuba sh9ar?" 


He looked at me angrily. "Sajneenhum."

2 comments:

  1. A5555 finalllyyyy !! I LOVE THIS CHAPTER , & ALL YOUR STORY !! , please check mine :$

    ReplyDelete