Friday, May 4, 2012

Chapter 32

Freshly cut red and white roses greeted me, the curtains were opened revealing a clear blue sky. I loved sunny days like these. M7amad was on my right texting, but Baba was no where in sight. 


M7amad: "Wa'akheeran!" 


I smiled at him, "Wain ubooy?"


M7amad: "Ra7 eyeeblich hdoom min elbait."


Me: "Allah yastr." I teased, M7amad laughed. 


I examined the flowers wondering who would have brought them so early in the morning. everyone had school. 


I pointed at the roses, "Mnu yaybhum?"


He didn't look up from his phone, "Wahab chna, or ubooh." 


Me: "Ohh.." That was sweet of him. 


A nurse came in with a tray filled with hospital food. I knew before even tasting it it's disgusting, I can't count how many times I saw Mama suffocate on hospital food. 


She placed the tray right in front of me. Well, it wasn't so bad. Some fruit, 2 bottles of water, and bread. 


M7amad: "Ikleeh kila." 


Me: "M7amad wallah mu yo3ana." 


M7amad: "Entay shayfa wayhich? La btakleen."


Me: "Shfee wayhe!" 


He shoved his iphone that had a mirror behind it in front of my face, a yellow face with white lips and dark eye lids greeted me. 


Me: "Shnu ya3ne?"


M7amad: "Sara, eklay."


Me: "M7amad wallah mabe akil mu yo3ana!" 


M7amad: "Shloun binsawe el fu7oo9at etha ma2akaltay?!"


Me: "Ee sawaw bidoon el akel shnu ya3ne?"


M7amad sighed deeply, "Sara. Akher mara agouilich eklay, tabeen tmouteen?" he exaggerated. 


Me: "Iff, enzain!"


I stabbed a strawberry with my plastic fork and forced it down my throat, I felt my stomach twist and turn. It took M7amad a while to realize I needed to throw up.


He quickly brought me the bin and I threw up everything I ate yesterday. Which was just chocolate and water. 


He held my hair away from my face, "A7san?" he got a tissue for me.  


Me: "Mmm." I said in disgust. I'm so blessed to have a brother like him, other brothers would feel gross just by touching me. 


Baba came in with my clothes, he saw my face burried in the bin, "Sara shfeech!?" 


Me: "Mafeeni shay yuba lat7ate."


He called the doctor who was previously waiting for me to wake up. 


Dr Ahmad: "Shlounich elyom Sara?" 


Me: "A7san min ams, bes ba6ne.. magdar akel."


Dr Ahmad: "Ee lat7ateen its normal, bes mi3ditich matit7amal el akel." he wrote something on a paper and gave it to a nurse, she examined it and left the room. Seconds later she came back with a silver case. 


Me: "Shnu hatha?" I said almost getting up. 


The nurse got out a needle and tapped it. She came closer to me and pulled my sleeve up. I flinched as she dug the needle into my vein, the stinging sensation hurt. Later on she brought a bag that looked like it had coffee in it, she connected the bag to my now opened up arm, I felt it ooze in. 


I huffed and leaned back on my bed. 


Baba: "Shit7seen feeh?" 


Me: "El7imdla a7san, mafeeni shay."


I heard muffled voices outside, and a familiar voice screaming. 


She barged into the room, "Sara?!" I jumped at her loud voice. 


I couldn't help but smile, "Fatma!"


She ran up to me and hugged me tight, "SHFEEEECHH!"


I hit her arm lightly, "Shh! Ga3deen ib mistashfa i7na! Mafeeni shay." Staw3ibat my father and M7amad were staring at her like she was crazy. Her white face gulab a7mar. 


Fatma: "E7im, elsalam."


Baba laughed, "W3alaikum elsalam! Shlounich Fatma?"


Fatma: "Zaina el7mdila."


M7amad: "Lat7ateen Fa6ma, Sara mafeeha shay."


She looked at the ground shyly, she always had a thing for my brother, it was gross and weird but I wouldn't blame her. 


Fatma: "Mita ti6la3?"


Baba: "Elyom enshala."


Fatma: "Enshala!"


Fatma sat on my left asking me questions on what had happened, I can't tell her. I could see Baba's face turn into uncomfortable expressions. She can wait, I'll tell her later. 


Me: "Shloun elmadresa?"


Fatma shifted in her seat awkwardly, "Hehe, fagdeenich!" 


Me: "Ana akthar wallah."


Baba got up from his seat. 


Me: "Wain ray7 yuba?"


Baba: "Madrstich."

No comments:

Post a Comment