Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Chapter 36

What the hell was she doing? I never expected this to happen! 7amad was close, actually more than close to her. He was kissing her! She didn't realize what was happening, she slowly backed away, 7amad had a confused expression on his face. I could see her mouth something at 7amad, which made his lips form into a flirty smile. She ran her fingers in her hair, frustrated, and made her way to the car. 


She sat down still not believing what happened, "Ma9adeg!"


Me: "Adre wallah la awareeh! Bagool 7ag ubooh!"


Her eyes widened, "Shaku tgouleen 7ag ubooh?!"


Me: "Haw? Shaku esawe chithe feech?!"


Nouf giggled, "7alalah!:D" I couldn't believe how happy she was, I expected her to be crying. 


Me: "Nouf nazleeni."


Nouf: "Wain anazlich?!"


I looked around and saw Starbucks just around the corner. 


Me: "Nazleeni 3ind Starbucks. Now."


Nouf: "Way Sara shfeech entay? Loosen up il7imdila wlshkker!" she got pissed.


Me: "Loosen up?"


Nouf: "Ee shnu ya3ne why won't you be happy for me?"


I looked at her in disbelief, "Gouleelah erou7 Starbucks."


Nouf: "A7san bel 6agag, Thomas go to Starbucks." I got down and slammed the door behind me. The place was pretty crowded for a weekday, but it was almost 9:00pm. I went inside and sat down then called the driver to pick me up. I hated sitting alone, a7is shakle ghala6. 


I felt like such a hypocrite, I won't lie.. I used to do it with 3aziz, but then I'd feel guilty about it. I wanted someone to ask me what I've been up to, or at least make me feel like I've done something wrong, but instead I got positive reactions from 3aziz and my friends. I thought what was I doing was okay. 


I saw a familiar face smile at me three tables away, Wahab waved at me, and I waved back awkwardly. He came closer and sat across from me. 


Wahab: "Shfeech ga3da chithe brou7ch?"


Me: "Hehe mafeeni shay bas an6er el sayq."


Wahab: "Matabeen ta6lbeen shay?"


Me: "No thanks."


Wahab: "5ala9 ag3ad wyach laman eyee elsayq."


Me: "3ade rou7 ig3ad ma3a rab3ik."


Wahab: "May9eer tg3deen brou7ich elmukan kla 9bayan."


Me: "Kaifk.."


We sat in silence for five minutes until he asked, "So laish yaya brou7ich?"


Me: "Kent ray7a wya Nouf champions w geltlaha tg6ne hney."


Wahab: "Shsawaitaw?" I loved how he's keeping the conversation going! 


Me: "R7na elgym" I lied. We sat there talking for what felt like an hour, I hadn't realized I had 4 missed calls from the driver, 30 minutes ago!


Me: "Mashkoor Wahab, elsayq bara lazm arou7."


Wahab: "Khal awa9lich" he said getting up.


Me: "La wallah 3ade, wayed 6awalt m3ay.. ig3ad."


Wahab: "Khala9 3la ra7tich." I exited the crowded place and went into the car. 


When I reached home Baba greeted me with a very dissapointed look. 


Baba: "Sara wain kntay? Shftay cham elsa3a?" I could hear how annoyed and worried he was just from his voice.


Me: "Sorry yuba bes 6awalna shway."


He sighed, "G3day." 


Uh-oh, long ass lecture was just around the corner. 


Me: "Shfeek yuba?" I said sitting down next to him.


Baba: "Sara akhaf 7sbalich bes 3shan eli 9ar bel mistashfa ana emsam7ich?"


I was kind of hoping he would, I hoped he'd just forget the whole thing and move on. But I couldn't say that. 


Me: "La2."


Baba: "Sara eli sawaiteeh ghala6, w matadreen sh9ar feeni laman 3araft."


I looked at the ground in shame, this lecture was coming out sooner or later. 


Me: "Yuba hatha shay 9ar minziman w 9ij 7sait bel ghala6 eli sawaita. W kil eli sawaita radle al7een." 


Baba: "From now and on, aku rules."


:'(


Baba: "Tkooneen rada elbait elsa3a 9:00, no later. Rab3ich el9bayan etha 3ndich arqamhum, delete them."


Well that sounded reasonable, it could be worse. 


Me: "Bes?"


Baba: "Ee, w etha masma3tay elkalam? Maku 6al3a, mobilich ta36eeni yah."


Me: "7ather." I said heading upstairs. I took a long warm shower and snuggled in my cold bedsheets. I had 6 missed calls from Nouf, and one bbm..


Sara please reday 3lay! 


I sighed and closed my phone, I'm not going to deal with this now. It can wait till tomorrow. I slowly found myself drifting off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment