Sunday, May 6, 2012

Chapter 34

I woke up the next morning with a smile spread across my face. At last my endless craving to ride has been fulfilled! I ate some fruits to satisfy my growling stomach and headed outside to feed Strike. Wahab was already up. I approached Strike with some large carrots, he yanked them and munched slowly. 


Me: "Wahab."


Wahab: "Mm?"


Me: "Abe arkab."


Wahab: "Rekbay."


Me: "Bes lazm a7ad ma3ay."


Wahab: "Shnu baby entay?"


Me: "Latistahbel." 


Wahab: "Okay bes ta36eeni shay."


Me: "Sha36eek!" 


Wahab: "Aby Strike's electric blue cloth." he pointed at it hanging on the wall.


Me: "LA WALLAH?" It was my favorite! 


Wahab: "Khala9 maku riding elyom."


Me: "Iff inzain."


Wahab: "Ga3d atghashmar, yallah 6al3ay hal nathel." 


Me: "Martha 3laih tera." I stroked Strike's forehead, his fence was already opened, and he was all suited up and ready to be ridden. 


I plopped up and Wahab held his handles, walking me to the arena. 


"Fee shay e3awrich?" Wahab asked when we were halfway in the arena. 


Me: "La2 wala shay, madre shfeeh ubooy." 


Wahab: "Ykhaf 3laich."


Me: "Okay bes mafeeni shay :)"


Wahab: "Waina 3ami?"


Me: "Nayem."


Wahab: "W meta yg3ad?"


Me: "Um china ba3ad sa3a aw sa3tain."


Wahab: "Emshay khan ni6la3 bara elmazra3a."


Me: ":O Wahab min9ijik?"


Wahab: "Ee yallah laish la2."


Me: "Okay ya3ne magoul la2:D Yeeb Sami."


Seconds later Wahab flew past me on Sami and was out of the mazra3a eb kubrha. I laughed and followed.. We exited the place and were running in the middle of the sandy streets, the weather was hot but it still had a bit of a cold breeze. We raced to the end and went back. I saw Baba standing in the stables, his hands on his hips, uh-oh. 


I ordered Strike to stop, and then jumped off of him quickly. 


Baba: "Sara?:)"


Me: "Halla yuba?:("


Baba: "Sara 7abeebty ana mu geltich matrkbeen?"


Me: "Yuba shda3wa ya3n-"


Wahab: "Ana eli gltlaha." I looked at Wahab in confusion, maynoon hatha?


Baba: "Ah ok Wahab kan weyach?:D"


Me: "Ee -.-" 


Baba: "Khala9 khoush.." I smiled at Wahab. 


I locked the door behind Strike and went into the villa, my face was red from all the heat. I fell on the couch drinking a bottle of water, Baba sat next to me. 


His phone rang, answering it, his facial expressions changed and his eyes widened when he was about to hang up. 


Baba looked at me, "Sara yaboonich bel madrsa." 


Me: "Haw, elmadresa?"


Baba: "Ee, emsawya shay?"


Me: "Yuba ya3ne shbasawe ana?"


Baba: "Goumay badlay bnrou7 al7een."


Me: "Yuba mabi ashouf rig3at wayh Ms Lindsay, brou7ha ba6a chabde wai3." I crossed my arms. 


Wahab: "Sara rou7ay yimkin shay zain matadreen?"


Baba: "Ee yallah 7abeebti goumay badlay w t3awithay min iblees, akeed shay zain."


Me: "Enshala."


I got up and only changed my boots, I was wearing tight red pants and a black shirt. Baba was waiting for me outside in his car. 


We drove off and finally the school came to view after a hour of pure torture, I got down and went into the reception area, the big white doors opened up and my whole class greeted me. I saw Fatma's eyes widen when she saw me. 


I looked down in shame, I know what they all think of me. But why are they smiling at me? 


Ms Lindsay came and directed us to her office, we both sat down facing her long freckly face.


Ms Lindsay: "Sara, Mr. Al X.. we have such great news."


Me: "What do you mean?"


She turned her revolving chair around and opened up a small TV, all the security cameras were connected to it. She played something, rewinded and fiddled with the remote until a picture of two figures in our hallway showed up. The black and white screen showed a very eager 3aziz, and a very eager Shoug. Of course, the security cameras, why didn't I think of that?


She finally played it and I gasped. 3aziz had the same bag in his hand, Shoug opened up my locker and took the bag that didn't have anything in it, and replaced it with the bag that had the cigarettes, pills, pictures and the knife. She knew my locker combination since grade five..




Ms Lindsay started to explain to my father about how they caught them. I found myself happier that ever, finally I'm proven innocent! 


She finally closed the video and turned her attention to me, "We're very sorry for the misunderstanding Sara, and we'd love to have you back."


I smiled at my father.


We discussed everything, and from now and on there will be no more Shoug. She's expelled, as for 3aziz, he was expelled and a letter was written to the college he wanted to attend to in America telling them about what he did, and they made sure he will not be accepted. 


I walked outside her office and saw all the girls standing waiting, Fatma came and hugged me tight, a tear escaped my eye. And as for the rest of the girls, they apologized and congratulated me on coming back.


I couldn't be any happier. 

1 comment: